at matemwe bungalows in Matemwe
We are small up market exclusive hotel that offers stylish personal service with a truly African alternative to western luxury. You are expected to pamper our clients and go the extra mile to maintain this high standard by serving a well balanced diet to the entire team.
You are required to enforce, up keep and maintaining the high standards set for Matemwe Bungalows in the staff kitchen.
You will be reporting direct to the Chef
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Work together with main kitchen staff
- Participate in overall staff orientation as possible
- Work with head chef to receive and store food stuffs and supplies
- Function as general all round-cook for all meals and special events
- Clean and prepare food service areas for use.
- Help close kitchen down for off season
- Follow all rules of health regulations making sure that the staff canteen is clean and tidy at all times.
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required
- Serve as a positive role model to, staff, and the public while employed with Matemwe bungalows.
- Assist in serving foods as directed by the F&B Manager or Chef.
- Label and store leftover foods adequately.
- Clean kitchen/serving/dining areas following all meals as directed by the rules of Matemwe bungalows.
- Sweep kitchen after each meal.
- Perform other duties and assignments as required.
· We do expect you to go the extra mile.
· To be happy and smiley whilst on duty, leaving all personal problems left at the back door
· Read all memos and Duty Roosters
· Always be aware of what the guests are doing if they need help or are looking lost help them.
· No drinking whilst on duty.
· To make sure that all have done all in your power to make the guest happy
· Actively looking for ways to help people.