at MATEMWE LODGE in Matemwe
WE ARE ONE OF VERY FEW boutique lodges on the north coast of Zanzibar; With 30 rooms, Offering superb diving and snorkeling, and beaches of the finest white sand, secluded location and famed relaxed atmosphere makes it the ideal place to unwind. Fresh seafood, refreshing cocktails, first class service with high profile client, We are looking for professional, honest and dedicated individuals to fill the following positions.
1) BAR ATTENDANT
Skills and specifications:
· Good pass in Level in English and Mathematics
· Minimum 2 years experience in a similar position
· excellent customer service skills
· Excellent communication and listening skills
· Numeracy skills
· must have full knowledge of beverages and experience in preparation and service of cocktail drinks.
The jobholder’s responsibilities include:
· Responsible for controlling bar stock including ordering supplies, maintain an inventory of supplies, stock taking and preparation of consumption reports
· Responsible for cash float, presentation and settlement of bills
· Preparation and serving of cocktail drinks
· Serve customers in a friendly and helpful manner.
2) WAITER/ WAITRESS
Minimum requirements for the position are:
· Certificate/Diploma in a hospitality course
· Good pass in O level English and Mathematics
· 1 year’s work experience as a waiter
· Good communication in English
· Customer relationship skills
· Basic knowledge about food and foodservice
· Excellent preventability with patient attitude
· Well organized, presentable and ability to work under pressure.
The overall purpose for this job is ensuring excellent customer service for clients: ensuring total satisfaction of the customer from the time he/she enters the establishment up to the time they leave. This involves receiving customers warmly; presenting them with menus and offering assistance in menu selection if need be, billing the customers and checking to ensure customers are enjoying their meals and service.
Successful applicants must meet the following criteria
· a minimum of 1 years’ experience working with food
· Keen sense of taste and smell and must enjoy food preparation
· must be clean, neat, and healthy
· Ability to take directions
· Ability to work in a team.
They provide quality and exclusive accommodation for international and local holiday seekers and business executives in a homely environment. To compliment this, our client seeks competent personnel suitably qualified to fill the following positions this is a position with the key role of performing daily food preparation and cooking activities in the kitchen. It involves setting up work stations according to hotel standards, preparing food by following the hotel recipes, maintaining cleanliness and sanitation with knowledge of proper use and maintenance of all kitchen equipment.
Successful candidates must meet the following criteria
- · Minimum two years experience working in the same position
- · Good communication skill preferably English
- · Customer relation skills
- · Well organized, presentable and ability to work under pressure.
· entering visitors details into the visitors log book
· Assist visitors fill out visitors pass, and issuing of visitors pass
· taking incoming telephone calls, dealing with such calls promptly in a professional manner, and re-directing appropriate calls to other individuals or departments within and outside the establishment
· General administrative duties including photocopying, invoicing, collecting cash and other forms of payments from customers if necessary, filing, booking and organizing board and or meeting rooms, ordering stationery, dispatching and accepting mails and couriers services (parcels)
· Ordering taxis for visitors
· other specific duties that may be required of the receptionist by the employer.
How to apply
Forward you detailed CV attaching current photo size photograph and application letter indicating your current enumeration and expectation to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Recent jobs at MATEMWE LODGE